Thursday, December 2, 2010

My adventures in retail: Black Friday

So anyone who works retail knows that Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year. Personally I didn't even know it existed until about two years ago when I started working at my current job. Why people shop on Black Friday is beyond me. Whoever thought it up can go die in a fire.

A week or two beforehand, it seemed like every customer was asking what was going to be on sale. At first, I just answered with the simple truth.
And so began the tedious spiral of the kick off holiday season filled with premature Christmas music and people's never ending curiosity for the Black Friday add.

Answering the same question over and over quickly became very aggravating and it became more difficult to not be annoyed with every customer who walked into the store.


Eventually, my frustration began to show and I started pointing out other ways people could find out what was in the Black Friday add without bothering the poor lowly sales associate trying to do her job.

By this time, I was pissed off because the customers were still asking the same question. I had known what was in the add on Saturday the week before Thanksgiving by way of internet and was disappointed that other people couldn't seem to figure out the same strategy.
Eventually I started responding with condescending exaggerated sarcasm in the hopes that people would just cut me a break. It didn't end well...

2 comments:

  1. Alright, I just started a Facebook Page, And I ran into one of these Pictures, I would enjoy to use one as a Profile Picture. However I thought it best To ask permission, To use it as such. I couldn't find a better way to contact you. Give my your answer via e-mail squall-.-@hotmail.com, Or don't. If I don't hear back from you I will not use this image.

    ~Trever

    ReplyDelete